Hrvatska verzija je ovdje.
|Name and surname:||Slaven Brumec|
|Address:||Radnička 42, Beletinec, HR-42214|
See scientific and professional bibliography under Radovi.
Teaching materials for:
- Algebra and associated courses and
- for courses on University North
…please see under Nastava.
2010, June - present:
- Koris d.o.o.: programmer, IT & BPMN consultant
- I’m an assistant professor at the University College Algebra on the courses of business process modeling, information systems development, and mobile applications programming.
- I was elected in the rank of assistant professor on December 12, 2022.
- In 2019 I was elected as a senior lecturer.
- In 2013 I was elected as a lecturer.
2019, September - 2021, July:
- University North: part-time senior lecturer.
- I was among the first university teachers in Croatia who gave on-line and real-time lectures and exercises, using video conferencing software. Read here (in Croatian).
2006, November - 2010, May:
- APIS IT d.o.o., programmer.
2001, June - 2006, October:
- IN2 d.o.o, programer.
2000, January - 2000, April
- UNHCR Zagreb, computer technician
Education and Certificates
- I was certified as OMG Certified Expert in BPM (OCEB): Fundamental for business process modeling according to BPMN standard, first in Croatia. Certificate overview is here.
- I got PhD with doctoral thesis titled Computing Clouds as a Part of Service-Oriented Architecture.
2002, November - 2009, February
- FOI Varaždin, postgraduate study of information sciences.
- I got MSc degree with thesis titled Development of Mobile Information Systems.
- MCSD certificate. Overview of my exams and certificates for Microsoft technologije is here. Transcript ID: 734531, Access Code: SlavenBrumec (Access Code is case-sensitive).
1995, rujan - 2001, travanj:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, graduate study of computer engineering. I acquired the rank of Master of Computer Engineering.
- English: good (5th degree).
- German: basics.
- French: basics.
- I can read Cyrillic script.
Knowledge and Skills
Development Tools and Programming Languages
Business process modeling:
- Excellent knowledge of business process modeling (according to BPMN standard) and business process simulation.
- Excellent knowledge of multi-purpose IT designing program Visual Paradigm.
- Excellent knowledge of Bizagi Process Modeler and Bizagi Studio, including development of process-oriented applications.
- Excellent knowledge of IBM WebSphere Business Modeler for business process modeling and simulation.
- Working knowledge of other tools for business process modeling and development of process-oriented applications (Camunda Modeler, Bonita BPM).
- Working knowledge of JavaFX platform.
- Excellent knowledge Windows Forms.
- Working knowledge of Oracle APEX.
- Excellent knowledge of Android Studio and I have developed business applications for Android in Java.
- Excellent knowledge of business application development for Windows CE / Windows Mobile platform on .Net Compact Framework technology in C# programming language.
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.NET Core (including on Linux).
- Proficiency in Python - Django and Django REST Framework.
- Proficiency in Angular 2+.
- Proficiency in jQuery, HTML, and CSS.
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.NET, especially WebForms.
- Excellent knowledge of XML and REST web-services in ASP.NET and WCF technology.
- Excellent knowledge of ASP Classic.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET platform (DotNet Core).
- Excellent knowledge of Visual Basic 6.
- Proficiency in Java for Android.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Proficiency in TypeScript.
- Working knowledge of C (for Arduino microcontroller).
- Broad and deep knowledge of relational models and databases.
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL and Transact-SQL.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of so-called NoSQL databases, especially Azure Table, Queue, and Blob storage.
I’m very interested in electronics and information technologies, including free and open source software. If I don’t know something, but need it for business or hobby, I can learn it very fast.
2010, June - present, Koris:
- Designer and programmer of information system for disabled persons’ rights: IS POSI. More in references of my company KORIS d.o.o. Software stack used:
- MSSQL 2017 DBMS with both T-SQL and CLR stored procedures
- Government Service Bus (GSB)
- ASP.NET Core (DotNet 5.0 SDK) for multiplatform REST web API (including cryptography, digital signatures, etc.)
- Code on Time for web-applications, with usage of NIAS for internet web-application
- Junior consultant in the project of Current State Analysis and Development of Action Plan for IT Architecture in Croatian Ministry of Justice.
- Business application developer on Angular 5 and Java Spring Boot platform.
- Consultant and programmer in further development and extending of information system SEOP:
- I designed SEOP extensions for tracking all tickets (not just preferential ones) and proposed SEOP’s integration with other systems in public information infrastructure.
- I developed a library for reading islander cards (hr. otočna iskaznica) on Android platform.
- Programmer and software architect in development of prototype information system K2 for working with members of professional chambers. K2 is completely based on free and open source software. On potential customers’ demand I can always show live demo. Implementation:
- Ubuntu Linux server
- uWSGI application server i nginx web-server
- PostgreSQL database
- Django REST Framework (Python) for REST web-services on server side
- Angular 6 (TypeScript) web-application of SPA type (Single-Page Application) on client side
- Programmer, software architect, and lead developer of prototype information system ISCP: The Sales Information System for Strictly Controlled Products. ISCP is intended for sales supervision of legal, but controlled substances and products: alcoholic beverages in Islamic countries, firearms and ammunition, explosives, pesticides, etc. Read more…
- IT i BPMN consultant and designer of future information system SOTAH for central processing of tachographic data. Read more…
- Programmer, software architect, and lead developer of information system SEOP for management of preferential voyages in maritime transport. Read more…
- Designer of information system SEOP for management of preferential voyages in maritime transport. Read more…
- IT & BPMN consultant in the project of health registers integration ordered by Croatian Institute for Public Health.
- BPMN consultant in the project of business process reengineering in the Croatian Health Insure Fund. Read more…
- Lecturer at the University College Algebra on two courses: one about business mobile application development, and the other about business process modeling, simulation, and process application development.
- Designer of document management system in Croatian Employment Service. Read more…
- Web-application developer (as freelancer) in ASP.NET technology.
- ILBA lecturer on business process modeling and process-oriented application development. Read more…
2007, October - present, Ellabo, associate:
- Programmer, software architect, and IT consultant for mobile warehousing information system Mob Ellposs in the company Ellabo. That information system has replaced the preceding Mob Trenis. Software stack used:
- MSSQL 2019 DBMS.
- ASP.NET Core (DotNet 5.0 SDK>) for REST web API.
- Android user application, both for devices with barcode scanner and ordinary smart phones.
- Programmer, software architect, IT consultant and user educator for mobile warehousing information system Mob Trenis in the company Ellabo. Read more…
2006, November - 2010, May, APIS IT:
- Member of the team for reengineering of Zagreb Cadastre information system. I was software architect and application developer. We used ASP.NET 2.0 and Oracle DB.
- Member of the team for developing Zagreb Spatial Data Infrastructure.
2001, April - 2006, October, IN2:
Developer in Microsoft technologies ASP classic, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server, MS Access, and ASP.NET 1.x with C#; user educator. Responsibilities:
- Information system programming in Croatian Employment Service.
- Web-application development.
- Tech support.
- Development of office utilities for the Croatian Notary Chamber.
- Database administration and maintenance.
- Participation in development of prototype information system for health insurance companies.
- Associate of company Koris in development of mobile application for Pocket PC intended for usage by police patrols for discovering uninsured vehicles in traffic and fines’ collection recording. Technologies used: SQL Server, SQL Server CE, .NET Compact Framework 1.x, and C#.
2000, UNHCR Zagreb:
- Computer technician in charge of workstations’ maintenance and users’ IT education.
Other Interests and Activities
I’m a beekeeper and a science fiction fan. I love some outdoors activities such as biking, trekking, swimming, free diving, kayaking, and archery. I appreciate good role-playing games and turn-based strategies, both on computer and board. I have a good wife and two sons. I served in Croatian Army as a signaller.